HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2016, 01:45:26 AM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,223 Members
Latest Member: Vincentvex
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Steam Shower Design & Construction
| | |-+  Can you tell me what the ideal length for a steam line in a residential application?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Can you tell me what the ideal length for a steam line in a residential application?  (Read 3240 times)
Megan

« on: March 20, 2009, 03:48:15 PM »

Can you tell me what the ideal length for a steam line in a residential application? :-~|
Hailey

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 12:16:55 PM »

Ideal??  Well, ideally, the generator would be right next to the shower so that the steam has no travel time.

As steam travels through the pipes, some of it cools and transforms back into water.  This condensate sits in your line, slowing the flow of steam into the shower and pushing water out the steam head.  The degree of this will vary by application and design factors, like pipe runs to a higher floor.

Most steam generators allow for a pipe run of up to 25 feet without affecting performance.  ThermaSol allows for 50 feet.  Proper sizing of the generator for your installation is critical for an "Ideal" installation.  Read about proper generator installation here... http://www.steamsaunabath.com/design/all-about-steam-rooms-and-steam-shower-design-steam-generator-location.htm#location
Lisa

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 01:11:15 PM »

My contractor states the steam line should ideally be about 4-6' long, it this true?
Hailey

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 07:36:12 PM »

It is true that the less distance the steam has to travel, the better the steam output.  However, if you properly insulate the pipes, less cooling occurs and the "ideal" distance increases.

Keep in mind that this equipment is designed to perform effectively while taking into account typical installation location options. This is why leading steam generators can be installed up to a distance of 25' away in most cases, and up to 50' with a ThermaSol unit.  Read more about Steam Generator Location here.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.