HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 08, 2016, 02:06:35 PM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,217 Members
Latest Member: 4cfea
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Steam Shower Design & Construction
| | |-+  Exhaust fan in steambath area
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Exhaust fan in steambath area  (Read 6068 times)
monty13

« on: September 26, 2012, 04:08:09 PM »

I am remodeling a work out area in my home and I would like to have exhaust fans in 3 areas; bath, toilet and steam room. My issue is that I have another floor above me so there is a limited amount of space available above the ceiling. Can you recommend something for me?

Jeanne
Alex

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 04:26:11 PM »

Jeanne
I think we can help you with this issue but a have a few questions.
I'm thinking about one of our remote motor, silent exhaust fans with 3 vent grills. Like the SSL-T102 on our web site only with 3 vent grills.

http://www.steamsaunabath.com/catalog/dual-vent-bath-fan-optional-lighting-23-cfm-p-202299.html

Do you have a place in the ceiling or wall where we can mount the remote motor?
monty13

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 01:42:09 PM »

I spoke to my electrician and after checking around he found on a couple of vent ducts but no space large enough to contain the fan motor so everything we do must be in between the ceiling and floor above.
Alex

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 01:48:52 PM »

Okay Jeanne, I have a plan B.
This is not my favorite choice but we could consider a individual fan grill with integral motor in each room. Then we can run the vent ducts to a central location and vent outside.
What are your thought on that?

Alex
monty13

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 01:56:10 PM »

Hey Alex, sorry it took so long to get back to you. Some of our construction plans have changed. My electrician decided he didn't need anything special in the toilet so he purchased a Nu-Tone self contained fan for that area.
Regarding the steam and shower area my electrician has found a crawl space above the bathroom that he feels will accommodate whatever you want to put in there. He said we could then run the flex ducts from the ceiling grills to the remote motor and then he needs to vent everything outside.
Thank you for your efforts and patience. What to I do now.

Jeanne
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.