HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 03, 2016, 03:34:36 AM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,171 Members
Latest Member: Michaelplark
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Steam Shower Design & Construction
| | |-+  Steam shower ceiling drips water on my head
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Steam shower ceiling drips water on my head  (Read 3558 times)
Brianna

« on: February 17, 2009, 08:37:34 AM »

I hope someone can help me - I have a steam room with tile on the ceiling, and it drips water on me even though the contractor angled it. It's measures 88" on the wall side and 96" on the door wall, so I know it's slanted alot. Still, the water runs down and drips about 2-3feet from the back wall, which really annoys me Angry. Is there any way to stop the drips? Any suggestions would be appreciated - Thanks!
Faith

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 06:12:53 PM »

Typically, this doesn't occur in a residential steam room until it has been running 30-45 minutes, which is not common.

Aside from length of time, there are several variables which may affect the potential for dripping condensation.  The surest way to avoid this dripping is to install a sloped, smooth, solid surface with no seams.  Tile edges, grout lines, and raised surfaces of your ceiling all create a roadblock, if you will, preventing the condensation from reaching the wall.  This roadblock becomes the easiest path for the condensation to drip from.

Since this really bothers you, you may opt to modify your ceiling.  If this is not feasible, look into applying a clear, smooth coat of waterpfoof sealant over the entire surface which may help aid the run off of the condensation.
Brianna

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 08:20:31 AM »

Thanks, Faith, for your advice. I typically steam for 30-35minutes, but at only 90 degrees. Is this normal, or should I turn the temperature up?

I find that I can stay in my room longer at the lower temp, and REALLY relax. Is this wrong? Do I still get the same benefits at the lower temp? I really don't like it much hotter, but I'll try to adjust if I need to. Also, should I stay in less time?

Please let me know....

Faith

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 10:30:45 AM »

The fact that you truly enjoy this environment and that it brings you such relaxation is an enormous health benefit, so you are already ahead of the game.

To achieve heightened benefits, a good sweat is needed.  Try alternating between your longer, lower temperature steam showers, which bring you such deep relaxation, and a shorter, higher temperature sweat bath to achieve detoxification and immune system enhancement.  You'll find that the more you experiment with your steam shower environment, the more ways you'll find to enjoy it!  Read more about steam shower enhancements at  http://www.steamsaunabath.com/design/all-about-steam-rooms-and-steam-shower-design.htm#overview
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.