HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2016, 10:11:06 PM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,242 Members
Latest Member: LottoLibe
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  AquaSteam ASM - 3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: AquaSteam ASM - 3  (Read 4757 times)
llawrence

« on: January 14, 2013, 07:57:46 PM »

I have an old AquaSteam ASM - 3 with a timer control outside of the shower. I would like to replace this outside timer control to an on/off control located inside the shower. What on/off control can I purchase for a AquaSteam ASM - 3.

Thanks
Bernard
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 08:31:25 PM »

Can you provide the serial number of the ASM-3 steam shower generator in question?  The serial number of this steam unit will allow me to determine the internal electronics and your corresponding operating control options.

It is generally located on the plumbing or electrical compartment side of the steam generator housing.

Are you remodeling the steam shower?  May I ask why the inclination to modify the control location?
llawrence

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 12:18:48 PM »

The serial number is 5674. We are doing a complete remodel and want the convenience of operating the steam from inside the shower.
Bernard
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 07:29:36 PM »

Judging by the ASM-3 steam bath generator serial number, the unit was built in the late 1980's.  It does not have the electronics nor technology for anything other than the timer you have installed.  It is my opinion to replace this steam generator as it has exceeded it's useful life of 12-18 years (depending on water quality and use).

When a steam shower is being remodeled, it is a good time to look at steam shower generator sizing, steam outlet location, steam bath control location and steam generator installation area.  It is also the time to discuss past likes and dislikes to create your ideal bathing experience.  There is a science to creating the optimal steam shower. 

If you would like, I can review your room layout and make recommendation on the aforementioned as well as equipment to ensure your project's success.  There are many options for the modern steam shower including special lighting, seats, speakers, mood lighting and even automated aromatherapy systems. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.