HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2016, 08:27:29 AM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,196 Members
Latest Member: KennethKed
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Bathology steam vapor doors
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Bathology steam vapor doors  (Read 4618 times)
markhonig

« on: February 23, 2013, 06:47:19 AM »

In middle of steam bath shower renovation with MTI tub. Vapor barrier and hardiboard installed rough opening fairly square. Planning to use different tiles inside and outside of the shower door. Is there any reason I cannot install the shower door system directly onto the hardiboard and tile up to it on each side?
Bernard
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 01:26:33 PM »

A Bathology steam shower door is a great choice for your home steam bath.  Please share details on a few questions to ensure an appropriate response.

1.  Can you provide the thickness of the dissimilar and opposing tiles?
2.  Are you considering a swing or sliding door for this environment?
3.  You mention an MTI tub, does this feature interface with the steam shower door?

I look forward to your reply.
markhonig

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 08:24:08 PM »

Sliding door to sit on top of front edge of MTI bath. Bath tiles wood be of similar thickness but my concern is the squareness of the opening. Although slightly off square, I would prefer to correct this with shims underneath the frame and hide the offset with the tiles.
Bernard
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:31:45 PM »

You certainly can tile up to the frame of a Bathology steam shower sliding door.  Doing so will only impact unlikely door replacement. 

Should you do so, it would be my recommendation to set the frame, hang the doors, verify their successful operation and then remove them during tile work.  Another thought might be to tile up to a scribed outline of the frame.  I feel this approach could lead to potential concerns and should be discussed with a tile professional.

If you can, please post some images and an update on your project.  There are many folks out there with similar questions.

Thank you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.