HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2016, 01:47:08 AM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,223 Members
Latest Member: Vincentvex
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Diffuser for Steamist 3199
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Diffuser for Steamist 3199  (Read 5862 times)
YODA

« on: November 26, 2012, 03:11:33 PM »

I have just constructed a 3'x5' steam shower using a steamist generator and 3199 ORB steam head. The head is positioned correctly above the floor and on the opposite end of the shower from a seat.  Everything works fine - but perhaps too well.

When in operation the steam exiting the 3199 head appears to hit the side wall and blows directly to the seat at the far end of the shower. Is there a way to modify the head (block off the sides, or is there a simple diffuser that can be slipped over this head?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking of building something if possible, but need to understand better the actual head operation.

Thanks - Keith
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 03:45:02 PM »

Hi Keith and welcome to our forum.
In the box that contained your steam head was a little zip lock baggy that says "optional steam deflector".  Do you have that piece?  It is a deflector and 2 screws.

YODA

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 04:14:58 PM »

If your referring to the 3259 deflector - no. My head says 3199-ORB has a large square recessed back plate (inside beveled out) that the center unit screws into attaching to the pipe nipple using a large allen wrench and a small square face plate snaps into the center. there are no screw holes to attach the diffuser plate to it. The steam escapes out the front at and angle around the snap in face plate.

The skew number on the steam head box is 7 87294 003859 and the description is SQ Steam head and esc Oil rubbed bronze 3/4"
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 04:23:43 PM »

The 3199 square steam head disburses steam in a 360 degree pattern.  If you find one side is hotter than the others, you can purchase the 3259 steam deflector and install it on the side that is creating the hot spot.

Call me, Jennifer, at 800-707-2862 to place your order.

Thanks.
Jennifer
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 10:19:33 AM »

If your 3199 steam head is an older model that does not have screw holes for the deflector than you may wish to purchase a newer 3199 steam head so the deflector can be used.

Another option is a teak and stainless steel guard which helps diffuse the steam output.
Here is a link to the steam guard AccuRate Steam Guard

Both solutions are similar in cost.
YODA

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 10:46:24 AM »

Thanks Jennifer for the options.

As a first step I am going to try partially blocking the side with some rope caulking. I found some old round stove gasket that I will install on the back of the cover plate with high temp silicone. Should create the same effect as the 3529 plate. Ill let folks know how this works.

Thanks for the help

Happy Holidays all.
YODA

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »

Easy solution found

I had my shower door installer out to make some minor adjustment to get a better seal around the door. He used a 3M product he called bulb seal. Its a clear rubber seal shaped like a hollow D affixed with double sided tape. It comes in various sizes.

I cut two small strips and placed them on each side of the diffuser. The block about 80% of the space .

Now works great. The force of the steam out of the sides no longer bounces off the wall and hit the seating area.

So if you have this issue check with any glass supply place that does shower doors and pick up a bit. So far it is holding up well.

Hope this helps others
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.