HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 05, 2016, 02:33:13 AM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,182 Members
Latest Member: Jeremyevalt
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Exhaust Fan Placement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Exhaust Fan Placement  (Read 4656 times)
miller

« on: September 07, 2012, 09:14:55 AM »

Hello,

I am building a steam shower for my client and following the design tool on your website.  This is my first steam shower.  The client has requested an exhaust fan be placed inside the steam shower - is this a good idea?  Secondly, if I place the fan inside the steam shower, where is the best location for it since the ceiling is sloped?  Would I put it at the highest point, somewhere in the middle, or at the lowest point?
Bernard
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 07:20:46 PM »

Yes...you can certainly put a exhaust fan inside the steam shower.  More commonly, a bath fan is installed on the outside of the steam shower, however, installing ventilation inside the steam shower is "always" the most versatile and effective way to control heat and evacuate moisture. 

A exhaust fan inside the steam shower should operate on a control that mounts inside the steam bath environment.  This will allow the bather the greatest flexibility and usability.  A fan can be instrumental in evacuating steam shower heat to extend a steam bath session as well as remove moistrue and dry the room much more efficiently.

An exhaust fan should always be installed as high as possible as this is where the heat is.  In most cases, anywhere on the ceiling would generally suffice.
miller

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 09:28:19 AM »

Thanks!  What are your thoughts on installing a light with the ceiling fan inside the steam shower?  Would you also recommend this?  Or would you just stick with a plain ceiling grill?
Bernard
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 08:06:03 PM »

If possible, a steam shower light should always be installed within the steam bath.  Lighting is essential to both the steam and shower experience.

If your question is regarding a ventilation fan grille with an integral light, this system is not best suited for installation within the steam room.  A steam bath exhaust fan benefits from an unobstructed opening to best evacuate moisture and latent room heat.  A light occupies far too much space within the typical ventilation fan grille.  Additionally, the high moisture yield of such an exhaust system can impact the light's longevity.  Light fixtures within a vent grille are far less protected from moisture.

A separate steam shower light and exhaust vent grille is certainly the way to go.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.