HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2016, 06:45:49 AM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,237 Members
Latest Member: VitaliyFOurf
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Hot Yoga
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Hot Yoga  (Read 4279 times)
kaianunt

« on: July 05, 2012, 04:25:03 PM »

Hi all, I have been hearing about a type of yoga that seems to be gaining in popularity…hot yoga. What can you guys tell me about this? Is this something that can be done in a steam room or sauna? I just wondered if you have heard of other folks taking up this exercise.

kn
corgifan

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 04:34:16 PM »

I too am interested in learning more about this.
I have a friend that does hot yoga but she has been unable to tell me how it is that the place she goes to heats the room.
She says it is not steam but the room isn't as hot as a sauna.

I'm looking forward to seeing some responses.  And if I learn more, of course I'll share.
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 04:43:34 PM »

Hot Yoga consists of working out in a room that is 105 degrees with 40% humidity.
The heat is to help loosen up muscles for better stretching of the body.
It also has the same health benefits as a steam room or sauna room do in that it
• Detoxify your body through sweating

• Protect muscles for deeper stretching

• Thin the blood to clear the circulatory system

• Increase heart rate for a better cardio workout

What method is used to heat the room is still a mystery.
Will post more info as soon as I research this a little deeper.
kaianunt

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 11:20:21 AM »

Thank you for looking into the hot yoga for me. I have sort of a related question... when I am at our club I have heard folks say it's better to steam before exercising and some say it's better to steam after. Do you or fellow readers have any opinion or knowledge on that? Thanks!
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 11:28:00 AM »

Everyone is different as steam and sauna bathing is a personal experience.
I personally like to steam or sauna first and do my stretching since the heat lossens up my muscles.
And then I like to steam or sauna again after my working out, again doing some stretches, so that my muscles don't ache much after my workout.
At the club I go to, it is common to see a group of women stretching in the sauna before and after they swim laps.

Also, I like to steam or sauna before and after a massage.  Before the massage it loosens the muscles allowing the massage therapist to get into my muscles a little deeper.  After the massage it helps sooth the muscles.
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 03:30:04 PM »

From what I gather after doing some reading is that the hot yoga rooms are not steam or sauna.  They are a high output furnace capable of up to 150 degrees Fahrenheit and a humidifier system.
Hot Yoga rooms are typically at 105 degrees Fahrenheit with approx. 40% humidity.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.