HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 03, 2016, 03:40:56 AM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,171 Members
Latest Member: Michaelplark
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Installation Support
| | |-+  Should I use a hot water connection for my steam generator?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Should I use a hot water connection for my steam generator?  (Read 2663 times)
Jake

« on: March 23, 2009, 03:46:59 PM »

When installing a steam generator, is it best to use a hot water connection?  One  feature on steam generators I have looked at recently has a 'pre heat' feature. If I have the generator installed with a heated water feature, will I benefit from this?
Faith

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 03:26:46 PM »

The benefit to having a generator with a preheat feature is that it shortens the time you have to wait for the initial steam output.  The value of this feature is determined mostly by bathing style.  If you enter the steam room immediately upon turning the steam generator on, you will receive a greater benefit from this feature than if you were to wait for the room to fill with steam. 

The only advantage of plumbing hot water to a steam bath generator installed with a pre-heat feature is that that the hot water contains less deposits.  Trace lime settles into the water heater reservoir, generally delivering better suited water to the steam generator.  Should you opt to disregard the steam generator pre-heat feature, then an added benefit is derived from more efficient boiling as hot (rather than cold) water periodically enters the steam generator vessel during operation.
WynsWrld98

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 11:18:03 PM »

If you don't use the warm start option wouldn't providing a hot water input connection vs. cold water connection mean steam will generated more quickly?
Faith

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 02:59:21 PM »

Yes, a hot water input would generate steam quicker with each tank filling.  However, even hot water still needs to be further heated to produce steam.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.