HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 08, 2016, 04:05:05 PM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,217 Members
Latest Member: 4cfea
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Maintenance
| | |-+  Old SM-3TC -SN 3A12876
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Old SM-3TC -SN 3A12876  (Read 7607 times)
G2

« on: December 15, 2012, 01:14:26 PM »

I have the above model Steamist which hasn't been turned on for over 6+ years. How can I proceed to make it functional? What is an average cost to service this unit? Is it worth doing it?
The unit is installed in the attic with a reasonable access. Is there anything I can do to get it going?
Bernard
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 11:36:04 AM »

Steamist SM-TC steam bath generators were manufactured in the mid to late 80's and are fantactic steam generator systems.  They utilized a single-panel exterior-mounted time and temperature control (TC-100) with two chrome knobs situated side-by-side to set both steam shower session duration and temperature. 

Your steam generator is over 20 years old and has exceeded its typical useful life, but that should not preclude attempting to start and utilize this steam shower generator.

Verify that your home's main electrical panel circuit breaker for the steam bath generator is in the on position and then turn both TC-100 control knobs to their full-on position (to the right).  Wait 15-minutes for steam.

The question of "worth servicing" is dependant on the availability on a knowledgeable service technician in your area, your budget and your bathing inclinations.  Six years is an awful long time to ignore the splendor of this bathing marvel. 

Options:

1.  If the homeowner is handy, the generator and control can be sent in to Accurate Industries in Wheeling, Illinois and they will test the system for free.  Accurate Industries has the largest selection of old and new steam shower generator parts and equipment.  They are the experts in anything steam and have your interests in mind.
2.  Reach out to the SteamSaunaBath service center for a steam shower generator repair technician in your area.  SteamSaunaBath maintains an extensive list of steam generator repair agents and will present the most knowledgeable company in your area.
3.  Contact SteamSaunaBath for a replacement generator & control system and an installer in your area.  It is important to know exactly what you need to keep the system replacement costs down as certain equipment will make installation much easier.

Let's get you back to wellness bathing!
G2

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 02:50:32 PM »

Thank you, Bernard.
I will check the circuit breakers again. I already checked the 240 outlet plug in the attic.. Your instructions reminded me to check the turn off water valve to make sure it is open.
Thank you again.
G2
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.