Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 28, 2016, 09:12:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

1,852 Posts in 715 Topics by 2,875 Members
Latest Member: Blakeitack
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Operation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: MULTI-ROOM STEAM/ 2 ROOMS 1 GENERATOR  (Read 2378 times)

« on: August 09, 2011, 10:34:31 AM »

hello, i have a question about using my Steamist steam machine. i am building my house that has two adjoining bathrooms, i would like to know if you offer a two way switching valve and a secondary on/off switch for the machine. i would like to use one machine for two different bathroom steam rooms. i would really appreciate it if you could contact me at your convenience with any ideas or parts that you may offer. thank you very much
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 12:19:10 PM »

Theoretically this can be done.  However, the manufacturer would frown upon it and it creates a safety issue.
We do not offer such valve but a plumber could supply it during install.

Couple concerns that come to mind....

What if someone forgets to use the bypass valve and then you have steam going into the room you are not using at that moment and the door was left upon so now the bathroom is full of steam.

Then the pipes are now hot and there is a potential to burn yourself when switching the bypass valve.

What if the valve is positioned such that steam ends up going into both showers at once.

Will both showers be exactly the same so that the Kilowatts will be appropriately sized for the environments?

In the future, when you sell the home, will the knew homeowners be trained on this and not get hurt.  Possible lawsuit???
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.