HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 06, 2016, 08:11:39 AM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,190 Members
Latest Member: ElisseyDip
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Sauna
| |-+  Sauna Bathing
| | |-+  How long is considered "too long" in the Sauna?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: How long is considered "too long" in the Sauna?  (Read 3459 times)
Nick

« on: October 02, 2009, 09:10:59 AM »

How long is considered "too long" in the Sauna?  A friend and I have a running challenge-who can stay in there longer?  The duration of our sessions at the club keeps getting longer, and the question of 'Is this safe?" has arisen.  Tongue
Macy

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 11:22:49 AM »

I too am curious about this. Some say an hour, some say your body will tell you when enough is enough? Unlike Nick, my concerns stems from health concerns. I have also heard that you need to shower during the sauna session. Clarity on this issue would be very much appreciated.

Thx,

Mace
Cole

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 04:23:28 PM »

Nick,

I have made it almost 20 min., and have been very thirsty afterward.  Never thought of it like a contest, i just wanted to see how long I could do it.  A contest would be fun though.  I am heading to my gym tonight, I will put my watch to it and let you know.

Mace,
Shower during a sauna session?  Please explain...

Dream as though ther is no end, Live as though ther is no tomarrow.....
Cole

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 08:57:30 AM »

Well, I made it all of 15 min. last night.  It almost seemed hotter than normal.  I did, however, head for the shower to rinse off.  Then I drank like 3 20oz bottles of Ice Mountian Water, and went back into the Sauna!! WOW! What a rush!  I also began talking with another guy in the Sauna whom spoke very highly about the bennies of being in the Sauna.  Made it almost 20 min on the second trip in the Sauna!!

Thanks Mace for the tip!  I am going back tonight, not to work out, but to use the Sauna and shower!

Cole

Dream as though ther is no end, Live as though ther is no tomarrow.....
Nick

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 03:28:34 PM »

We have not tried showering as of yet, sounds like it can increase the duration of the session.  I think i am going to 'condition' my self with repeating your process BEFORE my collogue shows up!

The best I have done is about 22 min prior!
Tommy

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 09:02:24 AM »

In a recent visit to Chicago, I went to a public bath house and witnessed some pretty extreme sauna activity.  A 200+ degree sauna and an icy cold pool to jump into after sitting in the sauna for quite a while.  I spent about an hour there in between the sauna, shower, and 'cold pool'.  While I did not time myself, I could stay in the sauna alot longer than the pool!!!!!
Jarvi

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »

Back home we have contests.  Sauna's temperature about 110-c=230-f. We add water to the rocks every 30 seconds.  Bet you cant last in there a few seconds.  Record is 12 min.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.