Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2016, 12:19:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

1,851 Posts in 714 Topics by 2,833 Members
Latest Member: Jeffreyceady
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Sauna
| |-+  Sauna Bathing
| | |-+  what temperature do in home Saunas reach?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: what temperature do in home Saunas reach?  (Read 7415 times)

« on: November 04, 2009, 08:31:42 AM »

Thinking of a Sauna in my home, what temperature do in home Saunas reach?  I hear they are much lower than the ones in the gym's.
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 04:34:42 PM »

Sauna's for Gym's and Home's have the same temperature ranges.
The Gym itself my have some of their own safety policies regarding temperature settings.
Saunas used in the United States have stricter guidelines than in European countries.
In the United States, the approximate range is 145 to 195 degrees Fahrenheit.

The trick is the gentle use of water on the rocks.  Adding water to the rocks adds humidity and while the actual temperature may not change, it sure feels like it as the heat & humidity create a Heat Index (ever hear you local weather forcast discuss temperature and heat index???)

Also, since heat rises, sit on the upper bench.  The lower bench acts as a step to reach the upper bench and is for those whom want cooler temperatures.

Just for giggles, Some time check it out, feel the temperature at the floor, middle of room, upper bench and ceiling.

I should note that I am speaking of Traditional Finnish Sauna's not the new Infrared.  Infrared is at lower temperatures.

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 01:55:16 AM »

Yesterday I was in awful sauna. It had large electric heater on the right side of the room. Usually heat goes to the corner opposite the stove first, but in this sau a it goes to the person sitting in front of the stove first. Why this is bad? Because we had 110C in the room and every time you throw water all steam comes to your face in 2 seconds. I actually had burns in my right ear and neck thanks to this idiotic stove, while other side of the room didnt feel anything.  And throwing three "cups" of water at once yielded nice torture, in that colder side (i dont want to think what happens if ur the one throwing water Wink. My fingernails were bur ing from the inside etc. BUT lake saved us with nice cool water (13C).

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 04:23:02 AM »

It should be between 145 to 195 degrees Fahrenheit .

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.