HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 05, 2016, 11:49:04 PM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,188 Members
Latest Member: lapedKer
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Sauna
| |-+  Operation
| | |-+  HOW TO OPERATE A MS60A
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: HOW TO OPERATE A MS60A  (Read 3876 times)
pilyn

« on: February 04, 2012, 12:58:02 PM »

I bought a house which it has an americ sauna and steam room already installed. I don't know how to use it and I want to find instructions before using it. Its an Americ model MS60A using stones. I went to americ website but they don't have any instructions. Can anyone help me? I don't even know where to start? Do I have to put water? What are the steps? Thanks
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 10:08:34 AM »

Congratulations on your new home purchase which includes the amenities of steam and sauna.
The heater is a W model with an MS60A model control.
Look for the installation and operation manual for your sauna heater system in your email box.

pilyn

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 09:41:24 PM »

Smiley Thank you so much. I have been enjoying my sauna/steam room. I have another question: I have both the sauna and steam installled in the same room. I used both at the same time the other day and it was amazing. Is it OK to use them both at the same time? Or would u recommend using only one at a time? Thanks for your help
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 03:34:14 PM »

The MS60A is built to only function with the sauna heater.  The MS60A was not intended for use with a steam generator in addition to a sauna heater.  The each require their own control.
Tyler

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 01:36:33 PM »

I believe what you are asking is can you use both the heater and the steamer simultaneously.
the answer is a cautious yes. Keep in mind the steam generator operates at a much lower temperature than the sauna heater but at a much higher humidity.
I suggest you install a quality hygrometer/ thermometer to monitor the humidity and temperature in the room.
Having already tried this i assume you found a comfort range without damaging yourself.
Ideally you do not want the temperature to go above 149 degrees when operating both units.
The perfect balance between temperature and humidity is 149 degrees and 51% humidity. Your combined number should not exceed 200. So if your temperature is at 130 degrees you could raise the humidity to 70%.
pilyn

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 09:25:52 PM »

Tyler: yes, thats what I was asking. My main concern is to damage the unit if I use them together. I used the steam room by itself the other day (trying to fight a cold) but it wasn't the same. I continue to use the two units together and I just love it. I get so relax that I feel like taking a nap. Thank you so much for the advise Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.