HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2016, 02:44:10 AM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,196 Members
Latest Member: KennethKed
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Sauna
| |-+  Sauna Heaters & Operating Equipment
| | |-+  Sauna Heater Part - High Limit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Sauna Heater Part - High Limit  (Read 5322 times)
wbball7

« on: September 26, 2012, 11:36:43 AM »

I have an Amerec Sauna Heater at the club. The heater has a number on it 1105. How would I know the high limit part number I need?
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 11:55:26 AM »

You have already done it.  Contact us via email, forum or telephone 800-707-2862 for assistance.

A sauna heater type of 1105 uses hi-limit part# 3119-550.

If your hi-limit keeps on tripping then there can be other issues that make it appear as though the hi-limit is the issue.  over use of resetting the hi-limit can cause it to weaken and eventually fail.

Go through your current rocks and throw the little ones away, keep the best ones and then add in some new.

While rocks breaking down can cause a restriction in air flow you also need to make sure the room has proper ventilation.

An intake vent should exist on the wall behind the heater and the outtake vent needs to be on a wall, preferably across from the heater, near the ceiling.

Members tamper with the temperature sensor with wet paper towels & water tossing.  This practice is abusive and breaks the sensor.  The room gets too hot then trips on Hi Limit.

wbball7

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 12:23:47 PM »

I found the sauna rocks on the web site how many lbs rocks do I need to order for a Pro heater #1105?
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »

The type 1105 electric sauna heater is also known as the Pro (Professional) or Octa (Octagon) and houses 132 pounds of sauna rocks.

The rocks are different sizes so it's measured in pounds instead of quantity of stones.

Rinse rocks off with water before putting them into the heater around the elements.
Put larger rocks near the bottom and smaller towards the top.  Make sure they are placed in loosely to allow for circulation air flow.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.