HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2016, 02:33:29 PM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,239 Members
Latest Member: JefferyBealp
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Steam Bath Generators & Operating Equipment
| | |-+  Mr. Steam; (T) tempo control converting to (E) tempo control
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Mr. Steam; (T) tempo control converting to (E) tempo control  (Read 4183 times)
patchpal

« on: June 26, 2012, 04:27:43 PM »

Customer has a MS400T generator serial number 361011, the control stopped functioning (pause button); purchased a new control from Amazon but it is an e-control so the cable does not match up.
I found on your web site part number 104032 cable adapter.
see below
This Tempo to e-Tempo Conversion Control cable is required for the operation of e-Tempo controls & generators on Mr. Steam's Residential MS model steam bath generators with serial numbers beginning with a 900000. The Tempo to e-Tempo Conversion Control cable allows for the conversion from a Tempo system (with serial number beginning with 355500) to an e-Tempo system (with serial number beginning with 900000) without having to rerun a new control cable in the wall.

So I am guessing that this means if I have a Mr. Steam generator serial number above  355500 I can use this conversion cable to attach my existing cable to the eTempo control. Is this correct?
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 08:57:05 AM »

The Tempo to ETempo Conversion Control cable allows for the conversion from a Tempo system (with serial number beginning with 355500) to an ETempo system (with serial number beginning with 900000) without having to rerun a new control cable in the wall.

The generator would be a new eTempo generator utilizing the older Tempo controls with the E series steam generators.
patchpal

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 09:12:26 AM »

So your saying if I have an older Tempo generator with a serial number higher than 355500 I can replace that generator with a E-Tempo generator and with the conversion cable I can still use the T-tempo controls but the reverse is not true? I cannot use the Tempo generator with an E-Tempo control?
What do I do if i don't want to replace the generator since the Tempo control is no longer available?
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 01:21:12 PM »

Is the pause button the only issue with the Tempo control?
Can't he just use the off button instead of the pause button?

Tempo controls and generators only work together.
eTempo controls and generators only work together.
The cable conversion only allows you to utilize the tempo cable that has already been roughed into the wall.
With this cable, you either have to have a tempo generator at one end and a tempo control at the other end.
Add the eTempo conversion kit to this tempo cable and now you have to have an eTempo generator at one end and a eTempo control at the other end.

The other option is that you can buy the control body only which is part# 104053.  This is the backend of the control only.  It does not include the keypad membrane and cover.  You would have to use the keypad membrane and cover from the existing control.
gdq

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 03:41:25 PM »

I changed the Tempo Control, but issue still remain, On/off button turns the generator on, but to turn off the generator, I have to press Pause button, and can't changed timer or temperature on the Tempo either, please advise
gdq

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 03:50:06 PM »

Screen shows 110F but nothing changes, everything seems to work fine
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 08:38:24 AM »

Screen shows 110F but nothing changes, everything seems to work fine

So are you stating that the new control now works as it should?
gdq

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 03:07:26 PM »

No it doesn't work the way it suppose to, ON/Off button, only turns the system on, and I have to Press Pause button to turn it off, all other buttons don't do anything, please advise what to do now.
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 08:32:58 AM »

This is an odd issue.  We have not encountered this before.
As it is difficult to further troubleshoot via a forum then the next step is to speak with Mr Steam Technical Support directory at
New York office (east coast)  (718) 937-4500
California office (West coast)  (310) 216-6565

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Thanks,
Jennifer

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.