HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 05, 2016, 10:37:54 AM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,184 Members
Latest Member: RichardTug
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Steam Shower Accessories
| | |-+  do i need to install a automatic drain with my Mr Steam generator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: do i need to install a automatic drain with my Mr Steam generator  (Read 2162 times)
Angus

« on: August 12, 2009, 02:48:23 PM »

I'm having a Mr steam unit installed and my plumber said i need somekind of automatic drain value is this really needed.
Misty
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 03:23:38 PM »

Your contractor is giving you very good advice.  While this is an option, it is highly recommended. 

The lifespan of a steam generator is dependent on many factors such as water quality, frequency of use, length of use, and frequency of maintenance draining, to name a few.  Some generators may last only 3-5 years under extreme conditions.  Then again, some have lasted more than 30 years.

You can certainly contribute to a longer lifespan with preventative maintenance through routine draining of the unit.  The automatic drain system, available on most units, is a must-have.

"Every man is the builder of a temple called his body."
~ Henry David Thoreau
Angus

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 06:56:56 AM »

I have no drain in the area of installation my contractor said he could run an extra drain line into the shower. Is this OK for my installation
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »

If you do not have a drain to plumb the automatic drain accessory to then you'd stick with manual draining.
Every 2 months, or more often in hard water areas, manually drain the steam generator into a bucket (only when the steam generator water is cold).   The generator would need to be installed high enough to allow for a bucket to fit.  Or, you can also connect a garden hose if the plumber adds a fitting with threading the size of a garden hose.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.