HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2016, 08:19:25 PM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,242 Members
Latest Member: LottoLibe
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Steam Shower Accessories
| | |-+  STEAMIST STEAM SHIELD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: STEAMIST STEAM SHIELD  (Read 2994 times)
Tyler

« on: June 12, 2012, 09:43:07 AM »

I have been searching everywhere for a SM-950 steam diffuser and cannot find one anywhere. I have a SteaMist generator that is about 10 years old. I replace the shield every couple of years since it does seem to break quite easily but I have grand children that like to come over and take a grown -up steam bath which is fine by me, (well monitored of course); but i am always concerned with them getting too close to the steamhead and getting burned by the hot steam. You are my last resort and I don't want to deny the kids their time in the steam room.
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 09:58:57 AM »

Glad to hear you have safety in mind.  Steamist discontinued the SM-950 diffuser as they came out with a new style of steam head that has a self diffuser feature.
The choice you have is to purchase our robust teak and stainless steel guard and it will be you last purchase you make on a diffuser as it should last forever.

Check out AccuRate Steam Guard
Tyler

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 10:43:18 AM »

Oh no. I don't like that at all. Isn't there some other alternative?
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 01:39:59 PM »

Ok.  There may be another option but first it is importmant to know the size of your current steam head.  10 years ago if could be either 1/2" or 3/4".
Tyler

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 01:44:30 PM »

it looks pretty big but it has a reducer inside the head the pipe is 1/2"
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 01:49:07 PM »

What is your wall material?  acrylic, fiberglass, ceramic tile, marble, etc.
Tyler

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 03:35:14 PM »

It is ceramic tile
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 03:49:26 PM »

Ok.  Assuming that your steam head removes very easily since you stated you've had to replace the diffuser many times, then there is an alternate to the steam guard I first suggested.  It is important that your head removes easily as we do not want to create a leak by loosening a pipe in the wall.
You can look to replacing your old steam head with the new Steamist 3199 steam head that is self diffusing.  This new steam head is 3/4 inch NPT and if you have a 1/2 inch steam line, then you will need a bushing for the size transition.

The cost for a new steam head will be close to the steam guard I suggested, so you may wish to err on the side of the easiest solution and purchase the steam guard.

Here is the steam head info Steam Head 3199

Check out Bushing
Tyler

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 04:01:02 PM »

Thank you so much. This looks like just what the doctor ordered.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.