Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 26, 2016, 04:23:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

1,851 Posts in 714 Topics by 2,864 Members
Latest Member: JeromeNumma
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Steam Shower Aromas & Aroma Bath Systems
| | |-+  What is the best steam room aroma and how should I use it while steam bathing?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: What is the best steam room aroma and how should I use it while steam bathing?  (Read 23205 times)

« on: February 16, 2009, 05:27:19 PM »

I am trying to decide which oil to purvhase for my home steam room.  What is your most popular scent?  What is the best way to put oil into my steam room, i hear some say put it on the thing where the steam comes out and others say spray it.....

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 07:10:58 AM »

You will LOVE the addition of aroma oils to your steam experience.  The most "popular" aroma is Eucalyptus, hands down.  Since this is typically the aroma used in health clubs, it is what many steam bathers are already accustomed to when bringing this wonderful amenity to their homes.

But this is a very personal experience and your essential oils should be selected by preference.  When do you steam?  If you are looking for an energizing pick-me-up, Eucalyptus may be the aroma for you.  If you typically take a steam before bed to wind down, you may prefer lavender.  Many steam bathers mix and match, as each essential oil has its own benefits.

As for dispensing the essential oils into the environment, the BEST way to accomplish this is through a residential aroma oil pump, which injects the oil directly into the steam line.  Your oil gets atomized and carried by the steam into the room, providing an even distribution.  Check out the AromaMist Aroma Pump

You should never put the oils into the little spot on the steam head.  When you put it on before turning on the steam, it will be blown right down the drain by the force of the entering steam.  Once the steam is coming out, you should never get close to the steam head/outlet for safety.  Aside from an aroma oil pump, misting the essential oils directly into the steam is the way to go.  You can find a large variety of oils in an attractive atomizing bottle here...  AromaMist Essential Oils
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 02:03:51 PM »

Hailey is correct...aroma is a natural for enhancing the steam bath experience in any steam room.  I suggest Eucalyptus and Lavender to begin with as they represent invigoration and relaxation.

Placing aroma on the head certainly works, but the experience is short-lived.  An atomizing spray by AromaMist is definitely the way to go.  You can spray as many times as you wish without having to get up and add more aroma to the steam head during the steam bath.  Just sit back and spritz whenever more fragrance is desired.

An automated aroma delivery system is also a fantastic consideration for a precisely metered approach to aroma bathing.  The AromaMist pump system will introduce your favorite scent to the steam line at the push of a Burton.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 04:26:14 AM »

The steam room is one of the most relaxing locations within the spa and can add numerous health benefits with every visit. Not only does a steam room improve and relax your mind, but your skin and hair condition is improved while your body enjoys muscular relaxation. Learn the best way to incorporate the steam room into your health and spa routine for both the rules of etiquette and optimal results.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.