HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 03, 2016, 07:59:27 PM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,175 Members
Latest Member: PeterKnits
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Technical Support
| | |-+  Inconsistent Water Out Steam Head
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Inconsistent Water Out Steam Head  (Read 1896 times)
Emma

« on: November 12, 2009, 03:28:07 PM »

I have a Mr. Steam MS65T and the steam line is pitched towards the steam generator.
After remodeling my bath, I now have the new Mr. Steam steam head that emits from the sides and I have the round acrylic shield which helps bring the heat away from my wall material.  I cannot use their old acrylic box type of diffuser on this head and I have to be careful with my cultured marble walls.
From the Shower, the steam line goes down about 3 feet, then runs horizontally along the same path as my furnace duct work for about 12 feet and then takes a 90 degree bend and runs vertical down to the steam generator about 4 feet.
The generator is installed in my heated basement in my furnace room.
The steam pipe is not insulated.
My mystery is that sometimes I get water spitting out the steam head during a 15-20 minute steam session and other times, it doesn't spit out water at all and makes for a nice quiet and feet burn free comfortable steam session.
I understand the concept that it does almost always push out some water at the very beginning when the steam 1st begins, but the inconsistency during steam shower sessions its what is perplexing me.
Any one have any answers to this phenomenon?
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 08:49:06 AM »

Thank you for the thorough details Emma.

Water spitting from the steam head is natural.  Condensation collects in the steam line and the pressure of the steam pushes the condensation out.  This condensation spit has no consistency to it so sometimes it happens and sometimes it does not
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.