HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2016, 08:44:07 AM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,237 Members
Latest Member: VitaliyFOurf
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Technical Support
| | |-+  Mr. Steam, mineral deposits, flushing steam unit
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Mr. Steam, mineral deposits, flushing steam unit  (Read 2820 times)
monty13

« on: July 24, 2012, 01:04:35 PM »

I live in Colorado and I have a Mr. Steam MS225T that I purchased from you 7 years ago. Lately I have been getting a trouble code for low water. I can tell you I use the steam virtually every day and our water is terrible. I see a lot of mineral deposits building on the steam outlet. I can guarantee you we do not drink the water.
My question is, is the machine repairable? Is it worth repairing?
patchpal

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 01:07:16 PM »

7 years is not a real long time for a steam generator but considering you use it every day the water condition will certainly have a effect and could cause some sever problems.
Do you have an auto-flush on your generator? Filter perhaps? What control are you using?
monty13

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 01:44:22 PM »

I have the round control that I can control the temperature with but the timer is built in. I really don't care about that. I do not have an auto-flush on the unit but I do drain it every time I use it. But I have to tell you I've only been without it for a few days and I really miss it already. I have a feeling that the inside of the generator is full of mineral deposits and I'm concerned that if I have to spend $500.00 to get this thing fixed and then have something else go wrong I would rather drop $2000.00 on a new unit that will last me another 7 years. My contractor tells me I should get as bigger unit. What do you think?
patchpal

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 04:02:33 PM »

I think the generator can be repaired but without seeing it I would be hard pressed to estimate the cost. If you want to have someone take a look at it I could recommend a local service agent but you will pay for a service call at least. Your contractor is recommending a larger generator. Are you not satisfied with the function of the generator when it is functioning? we can re-size the room for you and suggest the proper equipment if needed.
monty13

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 04:45:29 PM »

The more I think about it the more i feel my best bet would be to start over and do it the right way. I have always been happy with my steam when it worked, i would not care for it to be any hotter. Hopefully you can recommend a replacement for me. I like the MS225T I have now so if you have a replacement I wouldn't mind going back to that; but keep in mind the water here is really bad.
patchpal

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 09:20:13 AM »

Okay Monty, since you were happy with what you had imam going to recommend the Mr. Steam MS225e, with auto flush, eTempo control and the Pure 420 water conditioning system. Contact a project coordinator at 1 800 707 2862 for pricing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.