HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 05, 2016, 10:34:41 AM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,184 Members
Latest Member: RichardTug
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Technical Support
| | |-+  Mr. Steam Tempo control error
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Mr. Steam Tempo control error  (Read 8077 times)
Amy

« on: November 24, 2009, 11:34:05 AM »

I have a Mr. Steam Tempo control installed in my shower and it has worked fine up until the other day.  When I turn the control on, it reads "PRR".  I have reset the whole system at the breaker and doing that still doesn't clear the "PRR".  Can you tell me what this means?
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 04:14:36 PM »

PRR is the diagnostic code which means the temperature sensor bulb on the bottom of the control is not functioning properly and there is an internal issue with the control.
Pickstitch1

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:14:54 PM »

What is the remedy for this?  I recentlt got the same error, "Prr."
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 10:17:48 AM »

Contact Technical Support at 800-707-2862 to determine whether your control is under warranty replacement.  Mr.Steam has 1-year on controls.  Have your install date, and generator serial number handy.  Whether warranty or not, you are likely looking at a replacement.
3906Funk

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 11:12:46 AM »

a little more information on the prr code.  I spoke to the rep at Mr Steam today as I am having the same tpe of issue.  They told me that more than likely my control has water damage... this is direct from the tech "A PRR is a sensing bulb error on the controller(unless he has an external one). This is usually caused by water damage. Sometimes customers will tell you that the unit is turning on by itself or once did. This would be an obvious case of moisture damage." at Mr. Steam.

Alex

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »

many times this issue is a result of the control being in too close proximity to the steam head. It is important to install the control as far as possible away from the steamhead.
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 09:05:37 AM »

Here is a list of all the Mr Steam eTempo control diagnostic codes:

H20:   Water level has not been satisfied for more than 5 minutes.  When this error code appears, all    functions of the generator will stop and can be reset by pressing the ON/OFF control button

Prr1 (flashing)   Room temperature exceeds 125F (51.7C) but is less then 137F (58.3C).  This will cause the heater to be deactivated.  Normal operation will resume when the temperature falls to the correct range (less than 120F (49.0C)

Prr2 (flashing)   Room temperature is out of range when greater than 137F (58.3C).  When this error is displayed all function of the generator will stop and can be reset by pressing the ON/OFF control button.

Err1   Will be displayed when the voltage supplied to the generator is too low (also refer to Green LED)  All functions of the generator stops.

Err2   Will be displayed when a control button is pressed for more than 5 minutes and all functions of the generator stops.  This can be cleared automatically if the key is released.

Errb   Will be displayed when a slaved/secondary generator has not detected water in the tank for more than 5 minutes (also refer to Yellow LED).  This can be cleared by pressing the ON/OFF control button to reset the generators.

Err7   Will be displayed when programmed settings cannot be saved.  All functions of the steam generator will stop.  This can be cleared by pressing the ON/OFF control button.  The error indicates that the pc board must be replaced.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.