HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2016, 01:58:11 AM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,244 Members
Latest Member: Vandamerpar
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Technical Support
| | |-+  My control is reading E4
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: My control is reading E4  (Read 2830 times)
Qu3yBears

« on: August 16, 2011, 01:25:26 PM »

What does it mean when the control on my Steamist system reads E4?
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 03:23:04 PM »

Ouch.  Let's see what we can do about that.
E4 indicates a communication error with the steam generator.  Check both ends of the control cable for clean, dry, and secure connections.  Dirty contacts can be cleaned with alcohol and a cotton swab or toothbrush.
This can also occur if the control is not sealed properly when it was installed and has moisture.
MymyB00ty

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 03:50:52 PM »

If it is due to moisture is there any way to dry out the cable?  Do they have to purchase a new control or will the control after drying out work again?  What would cause moisture to get into the cable or the control and cause such an error?
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 08:38:02 AM »

Sometimes the control will work intermittently.  Works when dry, doesn't work when it gets we again.  Until eventually it no longer works at all.

Moisture at the control or on the cable plugged into the control can occur if the control was not siliconed around it's edges during installation or the silicone has become compromised.
Also, sometimes the controls can get hairline cracks in the control face along with the control buttons.  This can occur if pressing the buttons too hard time and time again.  Also, it can occur if harsh cleaning chemicals were used to clean the control.  Controls only need to be wiped with a soft cloth (i use a wash cloth) after each use.

To check for moisture behind the control, you would have to remove the control from the wall.  Was there silicone?  Now that the control is in your hand, do you hear water slosh around?  The back of the control has a short pigtail of a cable that plugs into a coupler.  Then the 25' cable is plugged into that same cable.  Are those connections tight and dry?
You may need a service agent to come to the home.
You can contact us for a service agent referral for your area.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.