HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 04, 2016, 02:17:37 AM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,176 Members
Latest Member: AntoninaRex
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Technical Support
| | |-+  Steamist generator service problem - need help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Steamist generator service problem - need help  (Read 5132 times)
capt. mike

« on: July 09, 2012, 02:16:05 PM »

my 9KW steamist out of warranty - has worked fine but now is pumping water out of the steam head instead of steam. Water does not feel hot either.
what has gone wrong? who is a good service tech in metro phoenix area.
thank you.
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 08:31:38 AM »

Does water run out the steamhead even with the steam generator is not in use?
Or does it occur only when you turn the steam generator on?
How old is the steam generator?
Is it an SM-79 or model SM-9?
Does it have a manual drain or an automatic drain?
If there is a drain, is it piped to the inside of the shower or piped to a floor drain outside of the shower?
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »

Here is an email reply we received from Capt. Mike:

thank you, great service.

it was the level probes causing it to overfill. i fixed it using assistance from Steamist tech service.

unfortunately mine is a chinese grey market copy of SM 9 and some of it is diff than factory. but i appreciate the local referral for service. When this one breaks i'll replace with USA made with warranty.

i bought online and didn't realize i was delaing with chinese exporter.
Bernard
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 06:17:05 PM »

The Chinese persist in their efforts to replicate American made steam showier generators and sauna heaters.  The products they create look like US brands but fall far short on quality and service support. 

Buyer beware when typing the term "steam shower" into a major search engine.  Many of the listings are for steam bath generators and steam shower modules, units, or kits.  A group of unhappy steam bathers continues to grow as their equipment fails leaving them with a fiberglass shower stall.

If the price is too good to be true...there is a reason. 
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 10:09:48 AM »

They look too good to be true . .And apparently according to their former and our current customers- they are!
Below is an e-mail we received from a real customer who spent $2,500 on an item that he eventually threw away!

"
I am writing this letter for the purpose of preventing others from incurring the loss that I have experienced myself.  There are a number of very attractive steam showers on Ebay.  They are competitively priced and have every bell and whistle on them.  I thought WOW!   I purchased a Korral steam shower.  The unit came after 8 weeks of waiting.  No body in the company that sold it to me had any legitimate experience.  They baffled me with lies.  It was not ULA or CSA approved.  No electrician or plumber would touch it with a 10 foot pole.  It was not eligible to pass building inspection.  I tried everything under the sun to prevent it from leaking but the enclosure was not well made and the parts just didn’t line up properly to get a proper seal. The major leak was in the base – wall joint.  After 15 hours, 5 attempts, and 5 tubes of silicone I decided that this would never seal properly.  As a profession I assemble engines valued over $800,000.  I believe that I can get seals to place properly and apply silicone.  The problem with this was not my skill by any means. The next problem was that the steam generator leaked steam and water from its housing and connections.  The connections were made of nylon fittings. Not to be suitable for high temperature steam.  The whole unit looked very intriguing, but was absolute cheap JUNK.  I quickly disassembled it and discarded of it.  If I had left this unit installed in my bathroom it would have destroyed my new home.  The Insurance Company would have denied my claim as it was not CSA approved.  This turned out to be a lesson for me. “You get what you pay for”.  This lesson only cost me $2,500. Not $130,000 as it would have if I ignored the truth of that I was fooled by another dishonest company on Ebay and allowed this to destroy my home.  Today the company isn’t to be found, they took everybody’s money and ran away.  Please use my experience to better you in your decision making regarding steam showers or any other possibly deceiving products.  These companies need to be put out of the market place.  All I can do now is warn others.  I hope that the company that receives this makes this letter accessable to the viewers.  If a premium steam shower is not in your budget, please do not buy any.  Settle for just a regular shower stall.

Good Luck,
"

This message was posted by SteamSaunaBath.com with permission of it's owner.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.