HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2016, 02:13:58 PM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,201 Members
Latest Member: VasiliyTaG
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Technical Support
| | |-+  steam generator noise
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: steam generator noise  (Read 4041 times)
Rocky

« on: January 19, 2011, 06:44:55 AM »

my steam generator make allot of noise when in use. Is there a way to make it quieter
Jennifer
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 05:39:09 PM »

I'm assuming you are speaking of water fill noise and not steam emitting out the steam head noise???
Noise is common as it is with any appliance in your home.  Steam generators use the same type of water feed valve as your Dishwasher and Clothes Washer.

It would be too drastic at this time to relocate the generator if the noise is really that bothersome.  Personally I don't mind it because then I know when it refilling with water during the steam cycle.

I suppose you could look into building an insulated surround but you still need venting and do not want to interfere with the pipes.

Bernard
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 10:09:29 PM »

All steam bath generators create some level of sound during operation.  Some make more sound than others.

It is best to locate the steam generator away from areas requiring silence during bathing times.  A basement or a well insulated closet is a great place.

Most steam bath generators are located near the shower, however, they can be placed up to 50' away.  Consider a location that is good for servicing and where operating sounds are not a concern.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.