Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2016, 12:28:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

1,851 Posts in 714 Topics by 2,833 Members
Latest Member: Jeffreyceady
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Technical Support
| | |-+  Steam generator power upgrade
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Steam generator power upgrade  (Read 1397 times)

« on: October 11, 2011, 01:05:59 PM »

Dear SteamAndSauna,
i previously had a Jacuzzi Steam Pro generator that was 6 KW. I had it replaced while I was out of the country and when I came back I found the steamroom not getting hot enough. Then I discovered they had replaced my Steam Pro with an Amerec 5KW unit.
Is there any way I can upgrade to a 6KW without replacing the generator?
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 10:08:49 AM »

The difference between the AK5 and AK6 is 1kw which is 17% reduction in capacity so one option is to wait a little longer for the room to heat up if you stay with an AK5.

Another option is changing the heating elements and data plate to make the AK5 and AK6 without having to purchase a new generator.  Just parts and labor.
The AK5 calls for 30amp breaker #10wire, the AK6 calls for 35amp breaker #8wire, so you'd have to make sure you electric is correct to convert your existing AK5 up to an AK6.

It is always prudent to consult the factory and acquire a data plate if converted.  Amerec's service team is superb and will definitely assist in the process.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.