HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 02, 2016, 10:36:52 PM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,169 Members
Latest Member: EvgeniyKak
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Technical Support
| | |-+  Thermasol Steam head separating from solid surface wall
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Thermasol Steam head separating from solid surface wall  (Read 2008 times)
alaskan84

« on: October 04, 2013, 11:20:22 AM »

Hello, I have a recently installed custom steam shower in my bathroom. We went with Solid Surface Corian walls and a Thermasol Pro 240 steam generator. I have attempted to reattach the steam head 4 times now and after about 3-4 steams it seperates form the wall. The first time the plumber attached the steam head and it came off pretty quickly. I called them back and apparently they didnt use High temp silicone. After they redid it, it lasted maybe 2 more steams than previously. This time i purchased my own high temp silicone rated to 400+ degrees and i glued the heck out of it, all around the steam head as it has a groove for the silicone to fill. Nada, as a few days later i noticed the top of the steam head pulling off. Called the contractor that installed the shower back and he reglued it using some of his special silicone for solid surfaces. Same story, 4-5 steams later the head has fully seperated from the wall. Its still functional as the rubber o ring seems to keep it from totally disconnecting from the wall, but once its cool you can simply pull the steam head totally off.

Has anyone else dealt with a situation like this? if so, how " should " we be attaching the steam head, and with what specific material?  Thanks for any advice!

Misty
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 02:40:24 PM »

It sounds like you have a ThermaSol No-Touch Steam Head.  I would suspect that maybe you have a bad o-ring which is causing the problem you are experiencing.  I would recommend calling the manufacturer directly at 800-776-0711 for assistance and possible component replacement.  Let us know if you that does not resolve the concern for you.

"Every man is the builder of a temple called his body."
~ Henry David Thoreau
alaskan84

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 05:51:50 PM »

interesting thought....the O ring never crossed my mind as the problem. I did inspect the o ring each reinstallation time and it seemed totally fine. I'll check again when im home from work and then give a call to thermasol. Thanks for posting the phone number Misty, saves me a little googling time Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.