Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2016, 12:28:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

1,851 Posts in 714 Topics by 2,833 Members
Latest Member: Jeffreyceady
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Steam Shower Lighting & Chroma Bath Systems
| | |-+  Can standard recessed shower lights be used in a steam shower?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Can standard recessed shower lights be used in a steam shower?  (Read 1942 times)

« on: February 24, 2009, 12:13:55 PM »

Ok, so I've read lots of posts on this site, but none of them deal with my question.

By the way, after reading the posts here, i feel alot better (not like such a dummy), because I have really learned alot! Nice to know I'm not the only one out there trying to find out more about steam showers.

BUt I'd really loike to know if I can put a standard shower light in a steam room instead of all the pricey ones I've found on the net.

If I have my contractor seal it really good, will it be okay?

Please let me know....

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 07:04:31 PM »

CAN you install a standard shower light? Certainly.  Will it last?  There are no guarantees.  It could last 3 weeks or it could last forever.  Most standard fixtures have not been tested in this environment and will not be warrantied for this application.  If the fixture fails, you will have to replace it at your own cost.

You can install a fixture constructed of solid metal with a glass lens and seal it with silicone, but you will need to break the seal and then reseal each time you have to change the bulb.  Going back and installing a different fixture down the road can be pricey and frustrating.

Whichever way you decide to go, you will be delighted with the ambiance lighting adds to a steam shower!

Read more about steam shower lighting here www.steamsaunabath.com/catalog/all_about_steam_rooms_lights.php#lights

Find shower lights approved for installation in steam showers here www.steamsaunabath.com//catalog/index.php/cPath/64_80

"Every man is the builder of a temple called his body."
~ Henry David Thoreau
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.