HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 08, 2016, 06:05:32 PM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,219 Members
Latest Member: citywoolis
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Steam Shower Lighting & Chroma Bath Systems
| | |-+  Spectrum Color Light Placing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Spectrum Color Light Placing  (Read 4050 times)
kiley2008

« on: May 29, 2013, 04:07:23 PM »

Hi again!

Our customer is looking into the Bathology Spectrum 550 system with some additional lights.

This is for a Commercial client and we are working with a space of 12' x 12'.  What is the recommended distance between each light?  We do not want to overdo it so any information would be very helpful.

Thank you! 

P.S.  Your pictures are amazing!

K.K.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."  ~Gandhi
kiley2008

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 04:17:57 PM »

I should have probably said this was for a Commercial Steam Room.

Thanks!
K.K.

Bernard
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:48:45 AM »

Hi Kiley -

The Bathology Spectrum 550 Color Bathing System is a four-zone LED RGB system capable of operating twenty-four LED light fixtures.  There is much to talk about with this industry-leading LED lighting system, however, the two most dynamic features are the ability to create four distinct white light or color bathing zones and its small-scale, yet appropriately bright dimmable fixtures.

When a lighting system can independently operate four distinct zones (up to six lights on each zone), it would be my recommendation that the system be purchased with as many light fixtures as the budget affords. 

When spacing out the light fixtures, I suggest looking at lighting zones rather than fixture spacing.  The fixtures are completely dimmable so their proximity is not a factor.  Look rather to create zones by placing 1-6 fixtures in flooring, benching, corners and ceiling center areas.  When spacing them, consider bather ambiance and safety.

Upload your commercial bathing environment design and I would be pleased to identify fixture locations and lighting zone configurations.
kiley2008

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 03:01:46 PM »

Hi Bernard!

Thank you for your response.  I have attached the Steam Room Layout.  As you can see, their patrons must shower before entering the Steam Room.

We look forward to any and all of your suggestions.  Thank you!

K.K.

Bernard
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 07:13:38 AM »

K.K.

Very nice layout.  Color lighting in your steam room and vestibule will transform the bathing space!

So let's start with zone #1 which we will call ceiling corner lighting.  One light should be placed in each ceiling corner to define the space.  As the Spectrum 550 has the versatility to install up to six lights on one zone, I recommend installing two additional ceiling fixtures on the same zone in the vestibule ceiling corners nearest the steam room entryway.  This will highlight you steam room's color bathing experience.

Zone #2 will illuminate the floor.  Six lights can be situated within your steam room benching risers to define the walking area and assure bathers of their pathway to available seating.  This light is not only stunning, but quite purposeful.  There is little more concerning to a steam bather than understanding the room layout.

Zone #3 should be situated within the ceiling and focus on the middle of the steam room.  These fixtures will infuse the center stage steam and provide for ever-changing and awe-inspiring ambiance.

Zone #4 would be best suited for the vestibule or shower area.  This is where you may want task lighting which is completely dimmable to comfortably transition bathers from deep relaxation to the rest of their day.

I have noted the fixture locations on your drawing.  Let me now your thoughts and if you have any questions.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.