HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 07, 2016, 08:12:44 PM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,208 Members
Latest Member: SnufflyJaf
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Replacement Parts
| | |-+  Kohler parts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Kohler parts  (Read 3289 times)
walt_l

« on: May 31, 2013, 10:27:22 AM »

About 10 years ago I bought a steam generator from Kohler. It was re branded thermosol I THINK. Over the years I have replaced a heating element that burned out and a few other parts. I now have a constant leak from the steam head and Kohler tells me it's a relay that has gone bad and the only way to fix it is to mail the entire unit to them for $300 and they will fix it.

I called Thermosol and they were no help because of the Kohler label.

Can someone suggest a means of finding the failed part and replacing it without removing the entir eunit and being without steam for weeks or months?
Bernard
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 08:45:03 AM »

Walt -

We feel your pain.

What city are you located in and are you interested in repairing your Kohler/Thermasol steam bath generator yourself?

We can certainly help you in repairing your steam generator without the complications of returning it.  a model number, serial number, image of the steam bath generator & control or specifics on how you were able to determine that a relay has gone bad would all help us determine your quickest and least costly repair. 

A constant leak from a Kohler or Thermasol steam head is not typically a sign of a relay concern.  A drip from the steam outlet head is generally related to the water feed system within the Kohler and/or Thermasol steam bath generator.  If you have a Kohler steam bath generator manufactured by Thermasol, it contains a water feed system similar to the float within a toilet.  When it fails, it allows water to completely fill the steam generator & steam line, and eventually water drips out the steam head and into the steam shower.  It would be very strange if an electrical component caused this.

Share more, I feel that sending the generator to Kohler and eventually Thermasol will cost far more than $300.00.
walt_l

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 10:10:29 AM »

http://s722.photobucket.com/user/walt_l/media/14599B49-C1BB-404A-9B82-7942C4F175D3-3746-000002737624708A_zpsf5e19733.jpg.html

this is the model serial

http://s722.photobucket.com/user/walt_l/media/334D87B1-B1D5-4F2F-908D-E3AF9A4DA0BE-3746-000002730EA8DFAC_zpsb4821b9d.jpg.html
this is the control

Kohler said to unplug the control unit and see if the stream stopped, it didn't, They said also flush the tank which I did several times and they said if thit didn't do it it was a solinoid.

P.S I HATE KOHLER now, it's official
Bernard
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 09:40:54 PM »

Walt -

This Kohler steam bath generator was manufactured by Thermasol.

If you still have water dripping from your steam outlet head, you can turn off the water supply to the steam bath generator to prevent the staining of your steam shower floor.

From our experience, we have found Thermasol steam bath generators to suffer from a problematic water feed system that relies on a rubber stopper and the steam generator's tank water level to prevent water from overfilling the system.  We find this occurs when the heat, water and scale from routine operation distorts the rubber stopper and no longer prevents water from entering the tank.  When feeder rubber stopper becomes distorted, water will overfill the tank and eventually fill the steam outlet line.  Once the steam line is full, water will drip continuously out the steam head and into the steam shower.  This water feed system is similar to a float on a toilet.  A new water feeder should remedy the problem.

Call the number on the steam bath generator label and tell them you have a model K7 serial number K0701194.  They will also want the number and letter in the circle "9o".  Ask them for the part number and price of a water feeder for your steam generator.  The part should be under $75.00. 

Let me know how it goes.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.