HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 03, 2016, 10:00:57 PM
Username:
Password: 

Login with username, password and session length
Search

Stats
1,853 Posts in 716 Topics by 3,175 Members
Latest Member: PeterKnits
+  SteamSaunaBath User Forum
|-+  Steam Shower
| |-+  Replacement Parts
| | |-+  Need replacement for Aquaglass ASR-3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Need replacement for Aquaglass ASR-3  (Read 2377 times)
ernie

« on: November 01, 2012, 10:51:33 AM »

My Aquaglass ASR-3 steam generator unit has developed a serious leak.  I have removed the unit and I am looking for a replacement.  I am told that the ASR-3 is no longer manufactured.  Is there a unit available from another source? 
Alex

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:31:36 PM »

Indeed this unit is no longer made nor are any of the other Aquaglass generators.
I have a couple of options in mind but first I would like to ask a few questions.
I believe the ASR-3 called for a 20 AMP breaker.
1.  let me know if you have a 20AMP breaker or something larger. If it is 20 AMP we will be limited to the 3KW unit.
2.  has anything changed in the shower such as walltile?
3.  what are the dimensions of your room?
4.  were you happy with the amount of steam and heat you were getting.
ernie

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 04:38:11 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

The unit is currently on a 20 amp breaker but I have an open 30 amp breaker available in my panel.  It was for an electric dryer outlet that is not being used.

Nothing has changed in the shower.  It is an enclosed fiberglass steam shower.

The dimensions are 2.5' width x 3.5' length x 6.5' height

Very happy with the previous amount of steam
Alex

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 01:39:17 PM »

Hi Ernie, I have done a bit of research on this. This unit was originally made by Steamist but they no longer make a 3KW unit. I did however find a couple of alternates if you don't mind using another manufacturer.
First is the Mr. Steam 3KW unit which calls for the same 20 amp breaker you currently have and the other option is a 3.5KW unit from Thermasol which also calls for the 20 amp breaker. We try not to show preference to any one manufacturer but if you contact one of our project coordinators at 1 800 707 2862 they would be happy to assist you in choosing the most appropriate generator for your application.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Copyright 2003-2016 © Steam Sauna Bath is a division of Bathing Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved.